Thursday, September 11, 2008

I need some help!! My wonderful child is "shredding EVERYTHING!! He has 8 teeth and uses them all the time! I don't mind when he bites stuff but what makes me nervous is that he shreds things. Like when he is in his crib he will bite sown and pull is top and bottom teeth together shredding of the finish!! He also does this to ALL of his books. He got a lot of the cardboard books and just eats them. The part that makes me nervous is that he is trying to do the same thing to our rock fire place. I am afraid that he is going to file down his teeth!!

So did I explain this correct? Has this happened to anyone else? What do I DO!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you tried buying silkys or those teething animal toys where it's like a stuffed animal and it's hands and feet are plastic. If they have things for chewing and can carry around that usually works

The Porter's said...

Oh my gosh, i have never heard of anything like that. Are you sure your feeding him enough? lol why dont you ask his dr. Or call a ped dentist? He is so cute.

Emily said...

Dara Mann (now Williams)! I found your blog through Amy (Mills) Jensen. I have an 8 month old baby with 6 teeth who is doing the same thing to all his books/toys. Thankfully he isn't shredding his bedding, but he gets good chunks out of anything cardboard. I don't really know what to do either, so let me know if someone comes up with an idea for you.
Emily (Lowder) Johansson